Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. Develops and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation, billing and collections, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate and well organized accounting of Priority Lighting’s business operations
- Meet all deadlines, pay bills on time and proactively collect money due
- Maintain accounting software, create journal entries, and maintain supporting documentation
- Responsible for ensuring receivable accounts are being collected. This may be accomplished through Invoicing, Collection Calls, Collection Emails, or any methods which comply with local and federal laws regarding collection
- Maintain at least 90% of accounts receivable less than 60 days due
- Be both courteous and assertive when collecting past due receivables
- Resolve any issues that Priority Lighting customers have with billing
- Invoice National Accounts in a timely manner, using the format requested by the customer if applicable
- Set up new customer accounts obtaining payment or billing information from the customer /li>
- Receive invoices from vendors and pay vendor invoices before they are due according to the terms arranged with each vendor
- Verify Priority Lighting’s purchase order matches with each vendor bill and resolve any issues that arise
- Create vendor bill payments accompanied with a report of the current check run
- Verify total amount due for the period matches with vendor statements, obtain monthly statements from each vendor
- Complete vendor credit applications in a timely manner
- Foster relationships and good will with Priority Lighting’s vendors
- Create payments for office rent and all other Priority Lighting bills as instructed
- File sales tax in both California and Nevada, complete sales tax reporting before it comes due in each state
- Assist management with all compliance issues including (but not limited to): legal employment related postings and reporting, insurance, taxes, document storage, personal data storage, etc.
- Work with shipping department to value inventory each month
- Verify inventory values and report to management
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
It is understood that the Accounting Supervisor will not discuss company financial information with anyone other that his direct supervisors or the company CPA without express written consent from a supervisor. That includes employee pay, sales numbers, expenses, etc. It is also understood that the Accounting Supervisor shall keep Priority Lighting's Confidential Information, whether or not prepared or developed by the Accounting Supervisor, in the strictest confidence and will not disclose such information to anyone outside Priority Lighting without a supervisor's prior written consent. Nor will the Accounting Supervisor make use of any Confidential Information for his/her own purposes or the benefit of anyone other than Priority Lighting.