inside & outside sales
Priority Lighting, a national lighting distributor, is looking for a sales representative for our office in Palm Desert. We are looking for individuals that can bring in new accounts, call our existing list of clientele, all while maintaining them to our standards.
Enjoy an aggressive pay plan while working in a fast paced industry – not to mention, our amazing work atmosphere.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, follow leads from existing clients, and attend trade shows and conferences
- Responsible for representing the company in a professional manner and abiding by all safety and employee guidelines
- Attend local and regional product and sales training seminars
- Walking “jobs” with the client and performing energy audits – this may include flying out of state which will be fully covered by the company.
- Contact new and existing customers to consult their needs and to explain how specific products and services will work for them
- Help customers select products based on the customers' needs, product specifications, and regulations
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
- Continually develop product knowledge
- Answer customers' questions about prices, availability, and product uses
- Negotiate prices and terms of sale and service agreements
- Prepare sales contracts and submit orders for processing
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies and marketing information
- Meet or exceed set proposal and sales objectives
- Follow up with customers after purchases and to answer any questions or concerns
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with customers to assure complete customer satisfaction
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.