Ensure warehouse operations run smoothly, all paperwork is thorough and complete, and every step is taken to ensure we deliver customers the product they expect in the time they expect.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to emails every day, answer questions from customers and vendors, resolve issues
- Gather data from a variety of sources and upload on a multi-user web platform
- Process, follow up on warranty replacements and return daily
- Assist with answering phones, processing orders, and customer follow up when needed
- Close open/shipped orders
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors, coworkers, vendors and others to provide and receive information.
- Resolving questions and issues, coordinate activities in a timely manner
- Inspecting returned products for defects or usage
- Ensure every PO / Customer receives tracking information
- Create RGA – Return Good Authorization (know re-stocking policies) Ensure credit is received by vendor
- Enter charges for Shipping/Receiving/Tracking/RGA into accounting software
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory counts to keep stock on regularly needed items
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment; utilize a variety of hand tools as required
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Ensure the forklift is fully charged and ready for use each day
- Safely operate forklift
- Complete inventory logs into accounting software
- Make claims with freight companies
- Document & take photos of all outgoing freight orders in addition to orders over $500/$1000
- Report any discrepancies to Supervisor
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations, maintain a variety of records, files and reports; maintain records of stock and order supplies/inventory as necessary.
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
It is understood that the Logistics Manager shall keep Priority Lighting's Confidential Information, whether or not prepared or developed by the Logistics Manager, in the strictest confidence and will not disclose such information to anyone outside Priority Lighting without a supervisor's prior written consent. Nor will the Logistics Manager make use of any Confidential Information for his/her own purposes or the benefit of anyone other than Priority Lighting.