Quotation Specialist responsibilities include, scoping, communicating, and delivering every quote on time and within budget. This role is also responsible for providing information to sales reps and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greeting customers who enter the shop
- Answering email, phone, and in-person queries from customers and assisting them to find the goods and products they are looking for
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Resolve customer complaints, while knowing when to get management involved
- Liaising with clients in all areas of sales - client interaction is vital and sales assistants working with higher priced goods will need to provide a highly personalized approach
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with manufacturers and Priority Lighting.
- Receiving and storing the quotations of manufacturers, jobs / projects.
- Meeting set quotation targets - this aspect of the work can be demanding, often carried out in a busy and pressured environment, with sales teams frequently expected to hit their targets
- Utilizing specialist product knowledge
- Perform cost analysis of a project
- Assist and support project team members in completing the project
- Coordinate and schedule execution of the project
- Review, Cross/VE counts as per Plan
- Review, assess and evaluate execution of the project on a regular basis
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues arising in a project
- Ensure completion of the quote in a timely manner and within the budgetary limits
- Develop quotation reports on a timely basis
- Maintain, manage and document all quotes reports and statements
- Track and maintain project expenditure within its budget
- Handle multiple quotes
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- Keeping up to date with special promotions
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
It is understood that the Quotation Specialist shall keep Priority Lighting's Confidential Information, whether or not prepared or developed by the Quotation Specialist, in the strictest confidence and will not disclose such information to anyone outside Priority Lighting without a supervisor's prior written consent. Nor will the Quotation Specialist make use of any Confidential Information for his/her own purposes or the benefit of anyone other than Priority Lighting.